Infocraftdiary with Agency Reports
Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party in February 23rd general elections, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has described xenophobic attacks on Nigerians resident in South Africa as “unacceptable.”
The next Edition reports that “the former Vice President of Nigeria took to twitter to express his displeasure with the treatment meted out to Nigerians in South Africa.”
According to the report, Atiku’s tweet read: “Reported attacks against Nigerians in South Africa is unacceptable and stands condemned. Urgent steps need to be taken with the SA authorities and the African Union to bring an end to this ill wind that can only end up destroying the fabric of our African brotherhood.”
On the other hand, the medium says “the government of South Africa has arrested dozens of people in Johannesburg after rioters looted shops and torched buildings and vehicles.”
“The police fired tear gas, rubber bullets and stun grenades in an attempt to quell the unrest on Monday, September 2. Video clips of the attack had been rife on Monday showing the looted and burnt shops. In one of the clips, people were seen jumping down from a burning building.” The report says.